Πέμπτη 2 Ιουλίου 2009

A strange and lonely trip to my bedroom floor



I like trips so much (and fabrics also) that I couldn’t avoid to notice the strange trip this fabric had. This is a typical fabric that in old times we use for heavy works. It is the fabric the sacks used to be made of, and nowadays in Greece we call it tsoubali from the Greek world of the sacks and we use it at summer for decorative reasons. But this piece of fabric still had some work to do, its duty was to protect the rest of the fabric (it was used for something like a package for the rest of the fabric) during its travel, from some factory from the far east, and also provide us with the information’s of the fabric it protect (meters, factory, composure etc. ). After the entire strange and lonely trip (when its work was over) it was no longer useful and full of marks from its trip and its duty. That’s the reason it took it and I am going to make two nice pillows for my bedroom floor to honor this stranger traveler. And maybe who knows we could travel together in my dreams on it. (I use to fall asleep on the floor).


4 σχόλια:

Thalia είπε...

thats such a good idea!!!
i have similar sacks in red & blue that they used to contain potatoes and onions!!!
i made one of them to a floor pillow but they are so rough that for now only my cat and his nails appreciate it....
would love to see what you are gonna make out of them!

p.s.falling asleep in the floor makes you dream of funny things....:)

Livingathens είπε...

I also used to read my homework on the floor when I was student!!!

Thalia είπε...

i did this as well!! not very wise i must say, cause my cat had the "crazy" thought that the pencil that i was taking my notes is actually my way of challenging him to play with me...!!!

Livingathens είπε...

Thanks I am working on it